[PD] using multiple asio devices

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 11 18:22:49 CET 2013

I've never done this (and Pd doesn't support multiple devices through
portaudio which is the only path into ASIO that I know of).  If I were
doing this I'd re-write s_audio_pa.c to support multiple portaudio
devices -- but I'm not sure ASIO itself is capable of this!

If it turns out that only one ASIO device may be open per process, the
only "out" I can see is to write an extern that kicks up a new process
(or perhaps use pd~ to make the process so that the extern need only
open ASIO within the existing process).  There will be sync issues.

cheers
Miller