[PD] question on help patches path

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 10:52:40 CET 2013

Hi

I am giving a very short PD workshop soon and I want to give students a
folder with some ready made examples. Within that folder there is a
small library with some abstractions the examples use. Each abstraction
has its own help file next to it. However right click > help on the
abstraction objects of the examples does not open the help files because
PD cannot find them. It only works if the library is located in the
extra folder. This I want to avoid if possible.

I have tried to add the path of my library with abstractions in the
preferences but this does not work. Is there any other simple way to
achieve this?

thanks

enrike