[PD] [PD-announce] The body vexed - Hypo Chrysos Action Art for Biophysical Media at CYNETART Fest

Marco Donnarumma lists at marcodonnarumma.com
Wed Nov 13 12:25:27 CET 2013

(apologies for any x-post)

Dear all,
if you happen to be in Dresden this weekend. On Thursday and Saturday night
I'll be at CYNETART Festival performing a new version of Hypo Chrysos, an
action art piece for Xth Sense biophysical media, multiple loudspeakers and
subwoofers, and real-time visuals. Info below.

wishing you well,

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

in occasion of
Metabody Performance Night @ CYNETART Festival

Hypo Chrysos v.2
action art for vexed body and biophysical media (Xth Sense)

"During this twenty minutes action I pull two concrete blocks in a circle.
My motion is oppressively constant. I have to force myself into accepting
the pain until the action is ended. The increasing strain of my corporeal
tissues produces continuous bioacoustic signals. The sound of the blood
flow, muscle contraction bursts, and bone crackling are amplified,
accumulated, distorted, and played back through 4 loudspeakers and 4
subwoofers using the biophysical instrument Xth Sense (Pd-based), developed
by the author...

When the performer’s muscle vibration becomes tangible sound breaching into
the outer world, it invades the audience members’ bodies through their
ears, skin, and muscle sensory receptors. The sound makes their muscles
resonate, establishing a nexus between player and audience. The listeners’
bodies, the player’s body, and the performance space resonate synchronously"

VIDEO: http://marcodonnarumma.com/works/hypo-chrysos/

WHEN: Thursday 14th November / Saturday 16th November
WHERE: Dresden, Great Hall of the Hellerau Festpielhaus, Germany
COST: Thursday £3, Saturday £5/8

PUBLICATION: http://cec.sonus.ca/econtact/14_2/donnarumma_hypochrysos.html

Metabody Conference is part of the Metahuman/Metaformance Studies programme
of the European Community-funded Metabody Project, that embraces the series
of presentations taking part in more than 25 events in more than 15 cities
of 11 countries. Coordinated by Reverso.

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.