[PD] realtime MIDI on Windows - best practices for efficiency?

Joe Newlin jtnewlin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 04:59:57 CET 2013

I have a big patch I use for realtime manipulation of live sound inputs.
Often when adjusting pots and sliders on a USB MIDI controller, I get audio
dropouts.

I've tried putting all of the MIDI objects in a separate patch running in
another instance of PD, polling the inputs at intervals using
[mapping/resample] to reduce the amount of data being sent, and sending the
data over OSC to the main patch.

I've killed as many other processes as possible.

And I still get dropouts. What could I be doing wrong?

This is 0.43.4-extended on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Joe
--