[PD] It's too quiet in here

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 21 22:33:53 CET 2013

On 11/21/13 1:13 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> On 11/21/2013 02:04 PM, Phil Stone wrote:
>> Hmm, this once-thriving list has gone awfully silent of late. Is this
>> thing on? <tap tap>
>>
>> I had the pleasure of meeting, for the first time, several august
>> members of the Pd community this past weekend, thanks to Joe Deken
>> and New Blankets gathering some of us together in San Diego and Los
>> Angeles.
>>
>> Miller, Roman, Ivica, Jonathan, (and Katja -- I didn't do more than
>> say hi, sorry) I just wanted to say that I am grateful to be involved
>> in a group of such talented and humble people, and constantly marvel
>> at what a powerful tool has been placed into my hands, at no cost.
>>
>> May Pd never die!
>
> Hi Phil,
> It was great to meet you!
>
> Personally I've been sending diffs to Ivica to get some stuff into
> Pd-l2ork, so that some of the features I showed in my workshop will
> work out of the box.
>
> Best,
> Jonathan

I'm keeping a sharp eye on your work with Pd-l2ork on OS X, Jonathan. It
looks like such an excellent environment, I really want to work in it.
For one thing, I've heard all the many good arguments for straight,
unsegmented patch cords, but I don't think I'd ever get tired of seeing
splined patch cords in my patches! Having seen both, I'd say splines
work better in all ways.

BTW, regarding the title of this thread; I just searched the archives
and realized that I hadn't gotten any messages since Nov. 6. After my
post today, I'm getting them again. Anybody else had any glitches in
getting list messages, or is it something local for me?

Phil