[PD] Live stream audio, do it with [oggcast~]?

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 16:19:34 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>wrote:

> On 2013-11-23 11:11, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> > Is [oggcast~] the object to live stream audio to another computer? And
> > which one is the receiver? It's not mentioned in the help patch.
>
> oggcast~ is the object to feed a streaming server, like icecast.
> it's main purpose is to build a web broadcast, rather than a
> peer-to-peer communication. (you will need a streaming server and a
> receiver, e.g. [oggamp~]; latency is usually quite high in such setups,
> expect >10sec)
>
> for low-latency peer-to-peer streaming, check [netsend~]/[netreceive~].
> if you are on linux (or osx), you could also use an external application
> like `jacktrip` (`aptitude install jacktrip`) and use jack to setup your
> routing between Pd, network and speakers.
>

> finally, there's the iemrtp [1], which allows you to build an RTP
> streamer (both sides) within Pd.

Do I have to make the objects? There's no pd_darwin (I'm on os x) in the
directory..
I did type make in this directory (I moved it to the 'extra' directory) and
got this:
cc -I"/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/include/pd" -DPD
-DVERSION='"0"' -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -fPIC
-I/sw/include -Wall -W -g -ftree-vectorize -ftree-vectorizer-verbose=2
-fast -o "unpackRTP.o" -c "unpackRTP.c"
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-ftree-vectorize'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation:
'-ftree-vectorizer-verbose=2'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fast'
In file included from unpackRTP.c:23:
./iemrtp.h:35:2: error: No byte order defined
#error No byte order defined
 ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [unpackRTP.o] Error 1