[PD] Live stream audio, do it with [oggcast~]?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 25 09:43:34 CET 2013

On 2013-11-24 20:37, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> Ok, I don't know stuff about RTP/RTCP. So, I'd rather go for
> [netsend~]/[netreceive~]. In the README file though it says this:
> To compile for Pd, cd into the directory, where you found this
>   README and type "make pd_linux", "make pd_darwin", "make pd_irix6"
>   (make is supposed to be gnu-make) or "nmake pd_nt" depending on
>   the operating system you are using.
>
> But typing make pd_darwin I get this error: make: Nothing to be done for
> `pd_darwin'.

this means that upstream already built a .pd_darwin for you.

> Plus, on the website of these objects it says that they are currently
> unsupported...

this means, that it's author doesn't have time to answer questions. it
doesn't mean that the objects don't work.

> The directory though includes .pd_darwin files, but trying to import the
> library in a patch, the console shows this:
> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/netsend~/netsend~.pd_darwin:
> dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/netsend~/netsend~.pd_darwin,
> 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
>
> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/netsend~/netsend~.pd_darwin:
> mach-o, but wrong architecture
> [import]: can't load library in 'netsend~'

the pd_darwin that comes with the download is apparently for the wrong
architecture (powerpc): you have to recompile.

$ make clean
$ make

(alternatively simply delete all .pd_darwin files (and probably .o
files) before running "make"):

fgmards
IOhannes