[PD] compiling pd-extended on arch linux

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Wed Nov 27 15:51:36 CET 2013

Salut,

Patrice Colet wrote:

>  I've just installed archlinux through Manjaro and tried pdx aur package.

Which one ? pdx gives nothing :).

> pacman -U pd-extended.tar.gz command line outputs errors like this:
>
> error: missing package metadata in pd-extended.tar.gz

did you build pd-extended with makepkg ?

Fast track:

* add archlinuxfr in your pacman.conf :

[archlinuxfr]
SigLevel = PackageOptional
Server = http://repo.archlinux.fr/$arch

* then install yaourt :
pacman -S yaourt

* then get pd-extended source from AUR, build and install :
yaourt -S pd-extended

Note: if you want, you can separatare the download and build parts.

yaourt -G pd-extended
cd pd-extended
makepkg
pacman -U pd-extended-version.tar.xz

> What can I do to solve this?

I think you're trying to install the source, not the built package.
rtfm :)

Enjoy archlinux !

--
Charles