[PD] Multiplying 2 variables

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:20:25 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM, sebarocker at gmail.com
<sebarocker at gmail.com>wrote:

> I know that the multiplying object stores two values (left inlet and right
> inlet)  and performs the operation when both are stored or when a bang is
> sent to the left inlet.

Not really. As lorenzo said, PD has strict rules regarding inlets and order
or execution. The [* ] only stores the value of the right inlet. Any value
sent to the left inlet will not be stored, it will simply be multiplied by
the stored value. So when you change the DeTuner value, it will simply be
multiplied by itself. There are other ways to accomplish what you want, but
I think the simplest is probably to use two [* ] objects. See attached.