[PD] video output from PD

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Sat Nov 30 17:37:50 CET 2013

Hi,

peiman khosravi wrote:
> Does the raspberry pi run pd?

yes, but Gem won't work. That means you will have to drive something
like omxplayer from pd.

That also means you can't do generative video with pd/gem.

I still think you can get better results with pre-owned pentium 3/4 than
with the Pi, for a fraction of the cost (starting at 15USD on ebay,
desktop or laptop).

> And can I sync the all of them to a single computer running a pd patch.

yes.

> The audio needs to be synced with the visual too.

maybe it's time to elaborate on your needs : you want to play 20 movies
(soundtrack included), or to have 20 drawing surfaces that you fill with
Gem ? How is sound linked to display ?

Cheers,

--
Charlot