[PD] video output from PD

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 21:57:29 CET 2013

We had to do something similar couple of years ago in a smaller scale (4
machines) and solved it by creating an app with OpenFrameworks that
listened to OSC messages. That was controled by a PD patch, but this
could have been anything else that sends OSC (python, C++, supercollider
...).

we used laptops and old computers which proved to be a problem since all
systems and hardware were slightly different and had different time
arrived. Funnily enough the fastest machine to open the video was an old
laptop running XP. So I believe raspberry could be great, that way all
machines and OSs should be identical. At the time raspberry had just
came out and it was unclear if it could run the kind of videos we needed
to use (pretty good quality), now we know it does play them. So if I
would have to do it again I would try to use raspberry

good luck

enrike

lr., 2013.eko azaren 30a 12:09(e)an, peiman khosravi(e)k idatzi zuen: