[PD] [PD-announce] PuREST JSON 0.15.0 released

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Tue Dec 3 20:38:24 CET 2013

Hi,

your build system (Fink?) probably does not have json-c 0.11, but the
old version 0.10. In that case, use the branch json-c-0.10 for building:

https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/tree/json-c-0.10

The head of this branch is in the same state as master without the
switch to json-c 0.11, and is updated on every release.

Hth,
Thomas

On 03.12.2013 02:41, me.grimm wrote:
> on osx im getting:
>
> ld: library not found for -ljson-c
>
> ideas? i didn't get this prior to recent pull of you 0.15

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Thomas Mayer <thomas at residuum.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am happy to announce version 0.15.0 of PuREST JSON, code name: The API
>> they are a-changing.
>>
>> PuREST JSON is a library for working with RESTful HTTP webservices, and
>> JSON data.
>>
>> Authentication and authorization for webservices are available with
>> basic HTTP auth, cookie authentication, and OAuth. As an example for
>> OAuth authenticated webservices, a Twitter client is included.
>>
>> Changes in the new version:
>> - Cancellation is now faster
>> - Switch to json-c 0.11
>> - Refactoring of code
>> - Breaking changes:
>>   -- [oauth] and [rest]:
>>      * [write( method is now called [file(
>>      * [url( method is now called [init(
>>      * init errors only output to console
>>      * changes to status outlet:
>>        ** on success output bang
>>        ** on HTTP error output numerical HTTP status
>>        ** on cURL error output list: error code and message
>>   -- [rest-json] has been removed
>>   -- [json-decode]:
>>      * string values will not be checked for numbers or boolean
>>
>> If your build tool or platform does not have json-c 0.11 available, use
>> the branch json-c-0.10 for compilation.
>>
>> Github repository:
>> https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson
>>
>> Source code packages:
>> https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/releases
>>
>> Binaries for Windows and Debian i386 and amd64:
>> http://ix.residuum.org/pd/purest_json.html
>>
>> Build instructions for all platforms:
>> https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/wiki/Compilation
>>
>> Have fun,
>> Thomas
>> --
>> "Chaney was aware that anything, however small, can get the eye of the
>> media if it's repulsive enough." (Robert Anton Wilson - The Universe
>> Next Door)
>> http://www.residuum.org/

"We left all that stuff out. If there's an error, we have this
routine called panic, and when it is called, the machine crashes,
and you holler down the hall, 'Hey, reboot it.'" (Dennis Ritchie)
http://www.residuum.org/