[PD] Is there any interest in a Pure Data stack exchange?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Dec 7 10:15:04 CET 2013

On 2013-12-06 23:58, James Munsch wrote:
> This is my first submission to the pure data mailing list.
>
> I was just wondering if there was any interest in using the stack exchange
> platform for Pure Data?
>
> I know that the mailing list, and forums are active and not at all sure
> whether stack exchange would be a viable option to diversify the archives
> for questions and answers related to pure data.

hmm, given that there are about 30 questions tagged "pure-data" on
stackoverflow [1], i would think that there is no real need to create a
full portal for that (yet).
even if the portal would embrace other environments (think max), there
might be too little demand (there are another 24 questions tagged
max-msp-jitter).

having said that, i'm all for using stackoverflow/... for Pd-related
questions as well (though it's a bit awkward to share graphical code
snippets in text-based environments)

gfmadsr
IOhannes

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/puredata