[PD] ordering stream

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 12 14:28:04 CET 2013

On 2013-12-12 07:41, David Welch wrote:
> say I have a stream of ASCII numbers coming in from an Arduino device.
> It contains a letter indicating the beginning of the stream, something
> like (when you translate from ASCII):
>
> B 1023 1022 1021 1023 1021 etc.
>
> Does anyone know how one can process this in such a way that the numbers
> are handled in the same order, correctly?

  One way is to have a counter that resets with the 'B' character. Use
[pack 0 0] to prefix the count to each received character and then use
[route 0 1 2 3...] to extract the characters at the correct position.
This doesn't work if the 'B' character can be part of the list.
A more robust solution is to use SLIP to encode the packets in the
Arduino and [slipdec] from pd-extended to decode them.

Martin