[PD] TCP/IP communication from the unix server to the Pure Data

Damiano damiano.zanotto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 00:22:40 CET 2013

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/mrpeach/serializer/
> [b2f] will take four bytes and return a float, while [f2b] takes a float
> and outputs four bytes. (This is really easy in c...)
> Of course it only works if the floating-point format is the same at both
> ends.
>
> Martin

Hi all,
I'm using OSx 10.8.5 on a macbook pro and pd-extended 0.42.5. I tried to
compile Martin's b2f.c from the terminal using these commands:

cc -DPD -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused
-Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch  -I ./  -o b2f.o -c b2f.c

cc -bundle -undefined suppress  -flat_namespace -o b2f.pd_darwin b2f.o

And then copied the *.pd_darwin file to ~/Library/Pd/b2f. Unfortunately, the
resulting b2f.pd_darwin is not imported correctly by puredata. I get the
following error when trying to create the b2f object:

/Library/Pd/b2f/b2f.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Library/Pd/b2f/b2f.pd_darwin, 10): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Pd/b2f/b2f.pd_darwin: mach-o, but wrong architecture
 b2f
... couldn't create

I used
lipo -info b2f.o
to check the architecture of the output file, but the answer looks OK:

Non-fat file: b2f.o is architecture: x86_64

Any suggestions? Has anybody tried to compile b2f.c or f2b.c in OSx?

Thank you
-Damiano