[PD] GEM causes soung glitches

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Dec 28 11:49:20 CET 2013

On 2013-12-28 02:56, Luiz Naveda wrote:
> This workaround doesn't solve the problem. When you have to deal with
> messages, debugs and all sort of problems in the communication of instances
> it just start the wave of problems.

most likely, you have a serious design problem.

 For newbies working with simple patches
> it is a frustration. For people working professionally in complex patches
>  it is a hell.

then you do you have a serious design problem.

> I think it is a annoying, important and bizarre problem for a software
> aimed at  multimedia computing. The last time I had to deal with this
> rarely documented problem made me consider switch to other platforms. I
> wish someone could make it a high priority request for the PD developers.

the fact that it is a "rarely documented problem" makes me think that
the priority need not be as high as you suggest.

in the meantime, raise the audio buffer of Pd.
(and get yourself a decent gfx card with some proprietary (shudder)
drivers).

having said that, there is certainly loads of things to improve.

since you seem to be "working professionally in complex" scenarios, i
would like to invite you to help solving the problem (in a way that
doesn't break everything platform X)

fgmdsr
IOhannes