[PD] why is the -jack flag not working?

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 15:39:10 CET 2013

Following the FLOSS manuals, I'm trying to open Pd with the jack flag and I
get the 'usage:' message and jack is not included in the audio
configuration flags. These are the audio configuration stuff

audio configuration flags:
-r <n>           -- specify sample rate
-audioindev ...  -- audio in devices; e.g., "1,3" for first and third
-audiooutdev ... -- audio out devices (same)
-audiodev ...    -- specify input and output together
-inchannels ...  -- audio input channels (by device, like "2" or "16,8")
-outchannels ... -- number of audio out channels (same)
-channels ...    -- specify both input and output channels
-audiobuf <n>    -- specify size of audio buffer in msec
-blocksize <n>   -- specify audio I/O block size in sample frames
-sleepgrain <n>  -- specify number of milliseconds to sleep when idle
-nodac           -- suppress audio output
-noadc           -- suppress audio input
-noaudio         -- suppress audio input and output (-nosound is synonym)
-listdev         -- list audio and MIDI devices
-oss             -- use OSS audio API
-alsa            -- use ALSA audio API
-alsaadd <name>  -- add an ALSA device name to list
-pa              -- use Portaudio API
      (default audio API for this platform:  ALSA)

I've already started jack with the -d firewire flag, and it seems to be ok,
but Pd won't let me use this flag. Any ideas?
I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and Pd-0.44-3