[PD] headroom in Pd

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 16:08:27 CET 2013

here's the deal, if I have a square wave in Pd running at 1 -1 peak to
peak, then you say that should be my maximum output, right?

Thing is that if I give it an extra boost (say, multiply it by 2) I
can clearly listen an increase in loudness. Hence, something in my
system is allowing some headroom to be output.

I got a macbook air from 2010 running 10.7.5... if Pd is not
responsible for this, maybe my hardware + Mac OS is?

here's the patch, try yourselves and tell me what you get please.

Cheers

#N canvas 653 26 257 182 10;
#X obj 79 97 dac~;
#X obj 85 41 square~ 440;