[PD] Mess with Pd installation on Linux

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 30 14:50:55 CET 2013

On 2013-12-30 14:29, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> I've realized that I need to open pd with sudo in order to have it work
> with jack (I also have to open jack with sudo in order to use the
> firewire).

both the jack server (jackd) and it's clients (pd) *must* run as the
same user.

you definitely should *not* use sudo for starting either jack nor pd.
find out how to use jack/firewire as an ordinary user (in the relevant
forums; or maybe somebody else here can give you advice; me, i don't use
firewire soundcards atm).

fmdadsr
IOhannes