[PD] Mess with Pd installation on Linux

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 15:30:47 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM, yvan volochine <yvan.pd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30/12/13 14:29, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
>
>> I've realized that I need to open pd with sudo in order to have it work
>> with jack (I also have to open jack with sudo in order to use the
>> firewire).
>>

> as IOhannes said, you _should not_ do that..
> (if you do it could mean that you did not add yourself to the `audio`
> group, as suggested by my previous link)

Ok, I was opening jack with sudo before you posted the link, now I can
indeed open it without sudo and it will see the firewire, no prob. So I'm
also opening pd without sudo, but I get the same behaviour. Sometimes it
works, sometimes it doesn't.

> how do you start jack? can you post here the full command?

jack -d firewire (I use & if I want to open pd from the same terminal
window, but don't really know how to turn off jack afterwards..)