[PD] Mess with Pd installation on Linux

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 15:44:44 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM, yvan volochine <yvan.pd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30/12/13 15:30, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
>
>> Ok, I was opening jack with sudo before you posted the link, now I can
>> indeed open it without sudo and it will see the firewire, no prob. So I'm
>> also opening pd without sudo, but I get the same behaviour. Sometimes it
>> works, sometimes it doesn't.
>>

> what happens when you launch jack and in another terminal run pd
> "normally", i.e. just `pd`..
> don't you have "jack" in the "media" menu?

True, just tried twice, once I got the : 'cannot activate client' in pd's
console, and the other not. Audio run both times fine (actually I played a
bit before and had a few drop outs. Could it be cause of the big block size
used by jack by default?).
What if I want to open Pd -nogui? use audio-dialog would work?