[PD] Mess with Pd installation on Linux

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 10:12:49 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you see this in the PD FAQ?:
> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-can-i-run-pd-with-realtime-priority-in-gnu-linux

This confuses me a bit as it slightly differs from this
http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config
In the Pd FAQ it says that if /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf exists you
don't need to do anything, where in the other link it says that you need to
create /etc/security/limits.d/99-realtime.conf and there you should write
the following:

@realtime  -  rtprio   99
@realtime  -  memlock  unlimited

In the Pd FAQ, it says that if /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf doesn't
exist, you should add the two lines above to /etc/security/limits.conf but
instead of @realtime you should write @audio
Anyway, I've followd the jack link and supposedly I've added realtime
scheduling. Should I run Pd with '-rt' ?

Iohannes, haven't tried jack with anything else. I haven't installed
SuperCollider and don't really know how to connect jack to other
applications (firefox, vlc etc.). I guess I'll have to read the manual.