[PD] A (Happy) New Year's Convolution

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 23:11:12 CET 2013

Oh yeah, it was partitioned convolution we were talking about back
then, now I remember. Cool, I wanna see if I can find the discussion
here and get back to that. My main motivation is didactic, but I also
think it's cool if things work out just find as Vanilla abstractions.
So, next thing on my list for sure!

Anyway, I'm also working to add a live input to this patch, instead of
just a sample playback, and also working on some other ideas.

I thought about saving this FFT operation too, but I was using the
same core to do a convolution where both inputs were live inputs. I'm
assuming that's the kind of convolution they have on supercollider
anyway. They also have an UGen for a "fixed kernel" where they save
the computation of one FFT like that, but it seems to be something
else as the FFT is not derived from the impulse length.

I have already covered the spectral convolution and other related
patches like the vocoder. It's cool to finally be able to get into
this other (and more proper) convolution implementations as patches.

Well, I ramble

Cheers and a Happy 2014