[PD] [PD-announce] Chocolate et Coffee

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 1 20:07:19 CET 2014

On 2014-01-01 19:42, Pierre Guillot wrote:
> There are 2 reasons :
> - The popup menu stop the dsp, I think it could be annoying during live
> session if you make a mistake.

why does it do this? i don't experience this behaviour with the vanilla
objects.

> - Sometimes you want to have another behavior in run mode (another popup
> menu for example, like hoa.map) and I think it would be strange to have
> objects with the popup menu in both modes and others only in edit mode

yes, sometimes you do; but *usually* you will want consistent behaviour,
and your new way will break this.

fmsard
IOhannes

PS: personally, i could well live with removing the properties of
vanilla objects in run-mode, but that has to happen in Pd-vanilla first.