[PD] Does CPU affinity help Pd's performance?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:31:42 CET 2014

On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 21:46 +0200, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:

> Also, I've installed indicator-cpufreq in order to set the CPU to a
> fixed frequency but that won't help either...

My observation with similar setups (Pd on Ubuntu) is that CPU scaling
doesn't react fast enough for Pd. When doing live music with lots of
synthesizer patches, I often see the CPU stuck at the lowest frequency,
although drop-outs occur. In performance situation I usually set the CPU
frequency manually to the maximum value.  My guess is, that even if
doesn't help now, it might help you later, once you fixed your current
problem.

Roman