[PD] Fwd: compil .py > .pyo to pyext

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Jan 6 22:18:45 CET 2014

Hi Philippe,
what means "it is not good" exactly? That it doesn't work?
My main question would be what you expect from the "compilation" to .pyo.
It's not a compilation to machine code as e.g. with C languages but rather
a mere translation to bytecode. It doesn't bring any speedups for
execution, just a tiny bit (negligible i would say) when loading the script.
all the best, Thomas

2014/1/6 Philippe Boisnard <philemon1 at mac.com>

> Hi, and HNY
>
> I search to compile a python script (.py => .pyo)
> but the result is not good
>
> In fact I use :
> python -O -m compileall basedonne.py
> result : basedonne.pyo, but it's not good for pyext
>
> I have tested with simple.py for example, but it's the same result, my
> simple.pyo is not good
>

> I don't know where is my problem ?
> it's not pyext, because I have a good python script
> I think that it's my compilation
>

> best regards

Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org