[PD] audio drops for few ms, or one sec, with jack on ubuntu

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 9 16:46:39 CET 2014

On 2014-01-09 10:59, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> Well, I've been posting on the jack mailing list too, and some people
> there mention that Pd is known to have a poor Jack support...

afaict, Pd's jack-support is still suboptimal when it comes to
automatically starting jackd; it also has a weird channel numbering
scheme (jack applications usually start counting their channels with 1)
and the client naming scheme is imho bad as well ("pure_data_0" with no
way to change that).

however, i cannot see any wrongs with jack support apart from that: once
jack is running and you manage to connect Pd to whatever other ports,
everything works very stable.

gasrdm
IOhannes