[PD] [PD-announce] Chocolate et Coffee

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 21:08:38 CET 2014

On 01/10/2014 12:50 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> I don't have any plans, I was only responding in a hypothetical
> manner. I'm busy on a show right now and can't do pd dev. A better
> person to ask is Miller ...

I must have misunderstood-- the way you wrote that made it sound like
there is a process by which the community gets things included into Pd
Vanilla.  If such a process existed wouldn't one of the "dupes" IOhannes
cites already be included in Pd Vanilla after over a decade now?

Instead, I think Pierre has taken the only sensible approach to making a
library that works with both Pd-Vanilla and Pd-extended. You simply code
up the stuff that's been missing forever-- some of it probably in less
time than it takes to respond to questions about "dupes".  Then you ship
the library, and it "just works" without users having to find other
libraries.

-Jonathan