[PD] confused about $1 in messages

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 00:07:24 CET 2014

On 01/21/2014 11:07 AM, Funs Seelen wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com
> <mailto:jancsika at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm not sure why the people replying to you are feigning ignorance
>     on how this situation could possibly be confusing.
>

> I'm not aware of feigning or having feigned ignorance.

Sorry, I didn't see your reply there when I wrote that, just Jack's and
IOhannes'.  I have a hard time believing they were unable to use their
knowledge of Pd to deduce with great certainty that the OP thought [one
two three(----[$1 $2(----[print] would output "one two".

In fact when I looked back at rolf's ASCII art and did the data flow in
my head my brain initially flashed "one two" erroneously.

-Jonathan