[PD] Multi-input USB audio into Raspberry Pi

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 11:07:43 CET 2014

On 24/01/14 01:52, Chris McCormick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I might be really pushing my luck here, what with all the reports of
> audio issues on the Pi, but has anyone heard of somebody getting
> multi-input audio working with a multi-input USB 2.0 audio device?
>
> I have a dream of running one of these mixers (which does 8 channel
> audio out over USB 2.0) into Pd and being able to manipulate all of the
> channels from the mixer in Pd:
>
> http://www.alesis.com/multimix8usb20

given they need audio drivers for windows and mac I don't like your chances on
linux, let alone a Pi, except perhaps the USB1.1 mode with 2-in 2-out.

Apparently the esi gigaport hd+ does 8 channels OUT from the Pis, but I have not
heard of any devices working with 8 IN.

By the way ... finished my degree and I'm now in Sydney, if you're heading this
side of he country sometime let me know.

Simon