[PD] jack periods 32 = no pd

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 28 00:00:19 CET 2014

Probably that's so - but Pd should still be able to deal with the mismatch.
OTOH, since Pd is built-in 64 blocksize, you wouldn't be able to reduce Pd's
latency by reducing jack's blocksize below 64.

I'm not sure about this, but I believe that Pd running standalone (using ALSA
driver) can achieve as low or perhaps slightly lower latency than Pd running
under jack.  This is only of interest if Pd's the only audio application
you're running on that particular audio interface, however.

cheers
Miller