[PD] jack periods 32 = no pd

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri Jan 31 18:06:10 CET 2014

Hello,

I just got to my old computer in my atelier which such a card. Code was
written 2003 where no HDSPe was available, mainly to use more than one RME9652
card with low latency, nowadays this can be done also with other methods
(jackd).

mmap access is working ok on my computer (I don't use rt-patched kernels,
mostly never needed), anyway it sets the buffer it get closest to fulfill the
audiobuf settings, ..., hmm, ... but it doesn't, instead uses always the
smallest one: the sys_blocksize=64, using 128 (minimum of card). So if your
computer is to slow it will make bad sound:

  pdsyschedadvance=6000 us(264 Samples)so buffertime max should be this=0or
sys_blocksize=64 (samples) to use buffersize=64

don't know why this bug never was detected, amyway with bigger -blocksize
maybe bigger audiobufs works.

I will inspect this more next week and see if I can propse a patch.

mfg
 winfried

PS: Anyway its great it's works somehow after 10years without code change
;-)))

-
--
- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch