[PD] Multi-input USB audio into Raspberry Pi

Brian Fay ovaltinevortex at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 08:49:54 CET 2014

In case anyone looks at this thread, I'd better mention that it seems that
using CCRMA's distribution fixes my audio problems with the Behringer
UCG102.

I had been using the standard "Raspbian" distro when I wrote my comment. I
believe that distribution uses a different kernel than Satellite CCRMA,
which is optimized more for embedded audio projects.

I had been unable to do duplex audio at 44100hz (had to switch to 32000),
but now it seems to work fine (even when running pd with an X11-forwarded
GUI). There's no noticeable dropouts at a latency of 10ms, at least in my
initial testing!

In order to get this to work, I simply had to change the text of
/boot/cmdline.txt to the text politely included in
/boot/cmdline-usb1.1-only.txt (thanks, Stanford guys!)

Anyway, just hoping I haven't led anybody astray from the Pi with my
earlier (somewhat misinformed) comment. I'd still be a little wary of using
devices with more channels or without linux drivers.

-Brian