[PD] Legal restrictions for apps

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 11:55:50 CET 2014

Hi Dan, Miller et al.

I'm still somewhat confused about the LGPL issues with regarding apps.

Say I make an app that uses LibPd, and include an object or library that is licensed with an LGPL license. Would I have to include all source code for the app itself, or would it be sufficient to provide object files and source code for just the LGPL library I have used?

Cheers,
Ed

Ninja Jamm - a revolutionary new music remix app from Ninja Tune and Seeper, for iPhone and iPad
http://www.ninjajamm.com/

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/

Howdy Miller,