[PD] check mail with pd ?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 20:29:40 CET 2014

On 02/05/2014 05:29 PM, puredata at 11h11.com wrote:
> yes possible, for example using py/ext with a script like this one:
> http://libgmail.sourceforge.net/
>
> but pd is not really good with strings afaik

If you use Pd and have a use case where you're controling both the
sending and receiving of the messages, then you can limit the message
content to use only what Pd's message parser can handle.

Also, make sure the machine you're using has never had or will never
have anything of interest on it.  On the other hand, I guess you could
leave a Bitcoin wallet on there and think of your impending hack as a
virtual Halloween treat.

-Jonathan