[PD] declare and abstraction (cont.)

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Thu Feb 6 23:06:58 CET 2014

hi miller,

thanks for investigating this 'problem'.

my patch is randomly reading wav's from a library(=folder).
for that it needs first to find out what's in the folder.

which is done with [moocow/readdir].
(i don't know another way)

to give [readdir] the right directory i was using "../sounds".
this doesn't work when Pd is started first.

with [getdir] i hoped to have a workaround.
however [getdir], following Pd, gives different answers,
depending whether a [declare -path .] is used or not.

strange enough (?) using "./sounds" seems to work ok.
it would mean to put the folder with wav's inside the patch folder.

which of course isn't a very elegant solution.

ciao, rolf