[PD] cryptocurrency and pd

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 03:20:21 CET 2014

Pd or otherwise, I'd be very careful about sending any messages back and forth with the actual Bitcoin network.  By doing so you are essentially telling the internet that fungible, irreversible tokens might exist on your machine, the value of which could far exceed anything that you have ever or will ever store on your computer.

Also, blockchain.info likes to store the IP of the first node that told it about a transaction.  It's pretty well connected, so if you make a transaction from your machine your IP is very likely associated forever with that transaction.  (Just one of many ways in which Bitcoin is not anonymous.)

But of course if you happen to be in Sochi then everything of value on your machine has already been stolen, so knock yourself out. :)

-Jonathan

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:59 PM, Thomas Mayer <thomas at residuum.org> wrote:

On 06.02.2014 10:09, i go bananas wrote:
> Has anything been done to try to marry these together yet?

PuREST JSON includes a sonification for Bitcoin values going back to
2011, but I guess, that is not what you wanted to know.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"We left all that stuff out. If there's an error, we have this
routine called panic, and when it is called, the machine crashes,