[PD] cryptocurrency and pd

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Sat Feb 8 14:33:46 CET 2014

Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 02:08 PM, Charles Goyard wrote:
> >Hi,

> >>that's what i want to know!
> >If that's a general question, then the answer is yes, as you can get and
> >send bytes over a network and do math with pd. It's also the answer for
> >all general questions like "can I do something a computer does with
> >pd ?"
> >
> >It does not mean it fits you needs, or the amount of work you want to
> >put in :).
> >
> >Not giving contexts does not lead to useful answers.
>
> That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You're right. Also maybe it's a bit rude, too.

But I still find I'm right about giving context. While your answer IS
instructive (thanks about that), not having context made you assume the
question was about Bitcoin, which can be wrong, and makes your answer
something specific about a possibly more general question, or about
another cryptocurrency of some sort (I guess I'm nitpicking at bit on
this one).

That's why I asked about details and context.

But yes, my message was not useful in itself, nor is this one :).

Happy hacking in pd,

--
Charles