[PD] check mail with pd ?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 8 19:40:37 CET 2014

A few years ago I implemented a patch for strings in Pd that adds a
string or blob type that allows (I think) for what you are describing. I
believe it's still part of Pd extended, but Miller didn't like it for
some reason.
I prefer to manipulate strings in a another language as it just seems
like a lot of work to make it happen with boxes and wires when you can
just call string functions in a high level language.
Kind of like building a Turing machine holes-in-paper-tape version of a
program, it can be an interesting exercise but practically it's useless.

Martin