[PD] How to get a list of midi devices without GUI

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 16:17:47 CET 2014

thanks, but no,

at least with Pd Vanilla 0.45-4, the right flag is *-listdev* to list all
devices (both midi and alsa) in the PD's console.

According to this 10-years old post [1], I can still make a redirection of
stderr or read at it.

Another solution, since my problem concern only Linux, is to read the
output of `ls /dev/midi* | wc -l` to get a list of mididevices, but this
doesn't tell if it's input or output.

+

[1] : http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2004-10/023368.html

--