[PD] How to get a list of midi devices without GUI

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 16:45:58 CET 2014

hello again,

I found the issue,

with `-nogui`, the patch is loaded before midisettings are done (like
audiosettings)
and `[mediasettings/midisettings]` updates it's own device list on startup
or on `[device ...(` message.

So when the patch is loaded at startup without gui,
`[mediasettings/midisettings(` records 0 mididevices.
I have to send a dummy `[device ...(` message 1sec after loadbang to update
the list and then `[listdevices(` report the right number of devices.
Another solution could be to delay the patch loading.

Shouldn't `[mediasettings/midisettings]` update it's own device lists on
`[listdevices(` message ?

+

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr