[PD] Is open source better?

Pall Thayer pallthay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 01:53:24 CET 2014

I'm giving a presentation this week. In a way, it's a counter argument to a
recent presentation on Max/MSP. One of the things that I want to highlight
is the "open sourceness" of PD. libpd presents a very good argument and
I'll be highlighting a project I was involved with that produced an IOS app
that used libpd as the audio engine. Is there anything else I should be
considering besides the obvious points of open source being open source.
Concrete examples of PD's open sourceness trumping proprietary technologies?

Thanks,
Pall

--
Pall Thayer