[PD] new [list tosymbol] / [list fromsymbol]

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 21:26:13 CET 2014

Hey Miller

This is a quantum leap for Pd. This extension to the [list] family opens
a whole lot of new possibility. Thanks for including it into the
upcoming Pure Data. And thanks to Chris McCormick who I believe provided
the patch.

As a native German speaker, I had to try it out with ä ö ü, of course.
[list fromsymbol] gives me '-61 -92' for ä. Is there a reason it outputs
signed numbers (-128 to 127) instead of the (supposedly more common)
byte representation (0 to 255)?

[list tosymbol] deals with both the same way. Both '-61 -92' and '195
164' return an 'ä'.

Roman