[PD] Is "Audio Settings > Use Multiple Devices" available on Mac OSX?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 16 20:19:48 CET 2014

Hi Santiago -

Pd uses Portaudio to talk to CoreAudio.  It loks like there's no reason one
couldn't fix the code to offer multiple devices (although it still wouldn't
work for Portaudio/ASIO because ASIO apparently doesn't permit it).

One reason I haven't done that is that Soundflower (if I understand correctly)
does a decent job of it, probably better than I would be able to do, so
I don't see an urgent need.  (Also, allowing multiple devices complicates
the code and can easily introduce problems; I've spent a lot of time fiddling
with multiple-device support in ALSA and MMIO and have come to feel that it's
an endless time sink.)

cheers
Miller

2002 when multiple devices weren't allowed (as far as I know).  Since