[PD] libpd separating gui from core

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 23 20:33:32 CET 2014

Hi all - just a short note since this discussion is much too wode-ranging to
address in full...

> > 2. Would the result of this work be accepted by Miller and become vanilla?
>
> As history has shown, the chances are limited. Again, there is probably a good way to do it where you could choose whether to use a single or multithreaded core but the real stakeholders are absent from the discussion.

I think the main stakeholders are Pd users :)

Anyhow, there's a useful discussion thread about pdlib instancing here:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2013-12/019693.html

and there's a wonderful series of talks underway at IRCAM about the problems
of real-time media computing in general:

http://repmus.ircam.fr/mutant/rtmseminars

cheers
Miller