[PD] Bugs in Pd-Extended in Ubuntu LTS

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 19:50:08 CET 2014

Dear list,

I've been using Pd-extended in Ubuntu LTS (12.04) a lot lately, and a
couple of bugs are beginning to get on my nerves...
first it randomly crashes and also crashes X (i get a black screen, and
after a few seconds i'm prompted for my password to log into my session
again), whenever I'm typing something in an object box (i haven't been able
to figure out exaclty what character was causing this, it really looks
random to me).
I also get constant error messages in the console when using JACK
(JACKerror: Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/55)(1: Operation not
permitted)
JACKerror: JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error). The sound works
sometimes though, but Pd also freezes every once in a while. I also get
error messages with Alsa.

I have installed Pd-extended from the Ubuntu repos. It seems to be the same
version as the one available on puredata.info (0.43.4).

I don't know what to do.

Cheers,

Pierre.