[PD] Bugs in Pd-Extended in Ubuntu LTS

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 11:33:12 CET 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 10:27 +0100, Pierre Massat wrote:
> I might have indeed added other sources, so Roman and IOhannes are
> probably right.
>
> Still, knowing that doesn't really solve my problems, does it ?

I was suggesting this is related to your problems. You told us where you
have your pd-extended from and I tried to explain that it is quite
unlikely. That's all.

> I will try what Katja suggests regarding rt priorities. Hopefully that
> will fix the errors I get with JACK (problem one of 3).

Are you sure, you don't suffer from dementia? It was me talking about rt
permissions...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist) :-)

Regarding your other problems:

> - and Alsa throwing this error in the console : "ALSA output error
> (restart failed): Broken pipe" (though the sound does work).

> - X crashes sometimes when typing stuff in an object box,

I find it strange this happens also on 12.04. I am using Pd (though not
Pd-extended) regularly