[PD] libpd separating gui from core

Rafael Vega email.rafa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:58:51 CET 2014

> So to keep this from becoming yet another copy of a previous thread in the
> archive, here's the thing: someone has to step up and say, "I am going to
> maintain 'core Pd'."  That would mean listening to the needs of the
> community, reviewing patches, and _delegating_ responsibilities.

Yes! I really hope someone takes on the challenge. Perhaps we can crowd
fund/donate/whatever some of the initial work?

IMO, Pd was such a great invention that it managed to stay rolling all
these years despite of the lack of a clear path for contributors and a
common upstream but the inertia is dying off now as this thread explains.
It's been fascinating for me to see what has happened with OpenFrameworks
and their "Do it with others" philosophy. It would be great if the Pd
community would migrate into something similar.

Optimistically,

Rafael.