[PD] easing in pd

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 21:42:55 CET 2014

Hi ,

I was wonderning if anyone of you had tried to implement easing in pd. I'm working on a video animation patch that uses "random" objects and the result would look much better if I could find a way to "smooth" the transitions. I already use the "line" object, but I'm looking for a way to slow down the line output when the line comes to its end, then start smoothly when it has a new target value. I'm thinking of using the expr object but I would be grateful if someone could give me some design hints on this...

Thank you very much,

D.S

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
https://soundcloud.com/schafferdavid