[PD] Strange behavior using custom external

GCC robert at urbanstew.org
Thu Feb 27 19:29:19 CET 2014

Thank IOHannes for pointing me to valgrind.  From a preliminary test I
didn't see any memory leaks with Memcheck.
  I used the command line: valgrind ‹leak-check=yes pd-extended myPatch.pd
  Valgrind only returned "Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised
value(s)" for various processes in the Mac OS and Pd
  I also tried Memcheck on my own code using a dummy program and get no
leaks.
  Maybe I'm not using valgrind correctly to test a .pd file?

On 2014-02-26 23:22, Robert Esler wrote:
> The strange behavior is as follows:

this all looks like memory corruption.

run your patch through valgrind and see what it gives youl.

fgasdmr
IOhannes